Tuesday, April 20, 2010
Yum, yum, double yum! Peanut butter and chocolate has got to be one of the best combinations on earth! I would love to find the person that thought of it, and kiss them right on the mouth! Ew, well...not really- but it's a figure of speech right? Right. Good. I found these one day a couple of weeks ago on Picky Palate. Cookies are Jenny's specialty, and she has made some awesome looking cookies, using non-traditional and sometimes downright surprising ingredients! Take a peek. If you are a Reese's lover, try these cookies. You'll love them. Promise. ;)
* 2 sticks softened butter
* 1 Cup packed brown sugar
* 1 Cup granulated sugar
* 3 Tablespoons corn syrup
* 2 large eggs plus 1 egg white
* 1 Tablespoon pure vanilla extract
* 3 1/2 Cups all purpose flour
* 1 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
* 1/2 teaspoon salt
* 3 Cups chopped Reeses
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In a stand or electric mixer beat the butter, sugars and corn syrup until well combined….light and fluffy. Beat in eggs and vanilla until well combined.
2. In a large bowl, mix the flour, baking soda and salt. Slowly add to wet ingredients along with the chopped Reeses. Mix only until just combined. Using a medium cookie scoop (I just used a tablespoon), scoop dough onto a silpat or parchment lined baking sheet. Bake for 9-11 minutes until just turning golden around edges. Let cookies cool for 5 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack.