Thursday, July 23, 2009

Guacamole


Today's recipe is one of Heath's favorites- guacamole! I can't understand how I love the smell of avocados, but don't really care for guacamole. I make it for him anyway, just because he loves it, and he says this is some of the best he's had. I got the recipe at Allrecipes, and it was a highly rated one. The only thing I left out of this, was the cilantro- just because I forgot to tell him to get it at the store, and I used only half a lime since Heath thinks the whole thing is too much for him. It is really simple to put together, so anyone who is a guacamole lover should try it!

~Guacamole~ from Allrecipes

Ingredients:

* 3 avocados - peeled, pitted, and mashed
* 1 lime, juiced
* 1 teaspoon salt
* 1/2 cup diced onion
* 3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
* 2 roma (plum) tomatoes, diced
* 1 teaspoon minced garlic
* 1 pinch ground cayenne pepper (optional)

Have a great day everyone!

4 comments:

  1. Yum, I love guacamole! Your recipe sounds delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. looks fab i make it in a similar way can't beat fresh

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am a huge guacamole lover but I don't really like chips (weird right)..can't wait to try it cause I will just eat it up with a spoon! Thanks for posting! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your picture is so cute! I am a huge fan of both Allrecipes and Recipezaar. I love to search by ratings and find so many good recipes that way. I love guacamole, but almost never make it because the hubby and kids won't eat it. This one looks delish!!

    ReplyDelete