Thursday, July 16, 2009

Pepperoni-and Cheese-Stuffed Chicken and My First Award!



This recipe comes from Cassie, who very kindly gave me an award yesterday! I will post about the award in a bit, but back to this yummy chicken. I made it a few weeks ago, after browsing through Cassie's blog. I had 4 last boneless chicken breasts in the freezer, and just wanted to make something different with them. Heath and I loved it, and Jasper and Sawyer did too- but of course, I had to pick all the pepperoni pieces out for them. They amaze me by eating things I have not seen many other kids touch, but then there are some things you would think they'd eat, that they don't like. It's puzzling. I say you can't go wrong with pepperoni and melted cheese. Period. The only change I made from Cassie's recipe is that I used sharp cheddar, and I sprinkled some on top as well as inside. I know. I'm bad. *sigh*

~Pepperoni-and Cheese-Stuffed Chicken Breasts~

Ingredients:

* Boneless skinless chicken breasts

* Sliced pepperoni

* Shredded cheese (I used sharp cheddar)

* Italian seasoning

* Garlic powder

* Salt and pepper


1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

2. Cut a slit about halfway into the side of each chicken breast. Stuff with a few slices of pepperoni (I used 4 medium slices per breast) and shredded cheese (I probably used about 1/8 cup per breast). Secure edges with toothpicks, if desired. Season both sides of chicken with Italian seasoning, garlic powder, salt and pepper.

3. Heat a small amout of olive oil in an oven-safe skillet over medium-high heat. Pan fry chicken breasts until browned on both sides.

4. Move skillet to oven. Bake chicken at 350 degrees for about 20 minutes or until cooked through.

Now, on to the award!! Cassie gave me this lovely award, and I am to pass it on to 15 other blogs I have recently discovered. So here it goes!



Passing it on to:

1. Real Mom Kitchen

2. Two Peas and Their Pod

3. Mennonite Girls Can Cook

4. The Sisters Dish

5. Tried-and-True Cooking with Heidi

6. Stirring the Pot

7. Cooking with Carrie

8. When Amber Cooks

9. cooking this and that

10. Delicious Meliscious

11. Sadie's Kitchen Adventures

12. Carrie's Sweet Life

13. Cara's Cravings

14. elly says opa!

15. Annie's Eats

10 comments:

  1. Oooo, why didn't I think about sprinkling chese and pepperoni on top?! I'm definitely doing that next time!

    I'm so glad I found your blog! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the award! I will be sure to pass it on! :-)

    This recipe looks good...who doesn't love chicken smothered in cheese!

    ReplyDelete
  3. congrats on the award and this looks awesome

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing your award! Congrats to you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so much for the award!

    ReplyDelete
  6. We at Mennonite Girls Can Cook are honoured to receive your award! Thank-you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great idea and chicken recipe! It's breakfast time but I want some now, lol!

    Thank you so much for the award. I love meeting new foodie friends! You have a great blog with some awesome recipes! I was in a cooking rut this week but I am going to try a couple of your recipes next week, I can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats on your award..and you passed it on to some great folks!!!
    Thanks for your comment on my blog. I think maybe we should put out an AP new wire for all lost metabolisms!! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats on the award and thank you for passing it on to me and the others!! I love the chicken covered in yummy cheese with the pepperoni : )

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love stuffed chicken! Thank you so much for the award and for visiting my blog!

    ReplyDelete