This recipe comes from Cassie, who very kindly gave me an award yesterday! I will post about the award in a bit, but back to this yummy chicken. I made it a few weeks ago, after browsing through Cassie's blog. I had 4 last boneless chicken breasts in the freezer, and just wanted to make something different with them. Heath and I loved it, and Jasper and Sawyer did too- but of course, I had to pick all the pepperoni pieces out for them. They amaze me by eating things I have not seen many other kids touch, but then there are some things you would think they'd eat, that they don't like. It's puzzling. I say you can't go wrong with pepperoni and melted cheese. Period. The only change I made from Cassie's recipe is that I used sharp cheddar, and I sprinkled some on top as well as inside. I know. I'm bad. *sigh*
~Pepperoni-and Cheese-Stuffed Chicken Breasts~
* Boneless skinless chicken breasts
* Sliced pepperoni
* Shredded cheese (I used sharp cheddar)
* Italian seasoning
* Garlic powder
* Salt and pepper
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Cut a slit about halfway into the side of each chicken breast. Stuff with a few slices of pepperoni (I used 4 medium slices per breast) and shredded cheese (I probably used about 1/8 cup per breast). Secure edges with toothpicks, if desired. Season both sides of chicken with Italian seasoning, garlic powder, salt and pepper.
3. Heat a small amout of olive oil in an oven-safe skillet over medium-high heat. Pan fry chicken breasts until browned on both sides.
4. Move skillet to oven. Bake chicken at 350 degrees for about 20 minutes or until cooked through.
Now, on to the award!! Cassie gave me this lovely award, and I am to pass it on to 15 other blogs I have recently discovered. So here it goes!
Passing it on to:
13. Cara's Cravings
14. elly says opa!
15. Annie's Eats