Today's recipe comes from Laura over at Real Mom Kitchen (she got it from Day2Day with Holly J). I loved how this wasn't the traditional "roll out and bake on a pizza pan" recipe. I love a thick crust on my pizza sometimes, and this looked so delicious. The pizza you see above was Heath's. I made one for me and the kids with only pepperoni and cheese (of course I had to pick all the pepperoni off for the boys). His was made in a 9-inch round pie plate and the rest of the dough made up a nice-sized 9x13 pan for the rest of us. I took Laura's advice and only used a fraction of the oil the recipe called for. I also used Laura's homemade sauce recipe instead of the one that goes with this recipe. You can find her sauce recipe here. It is really good, and we had used it on other pizzas before so I knew I couldn't go wrong with it. Here is the original recipe- hope you try it soon, because it really is worth it!
~Pizza Hut Pan Pizza~
* 1 1/3 C Warm water (105F)
* 1/4 C Non−fat dry milk
* 1/2 tsp Salt
* 4 C Flour
* 1 Tbsp Sugar
* 1 pk Dry yeast
* 2 Tbsp Vegetable oil (for dough)
* 9 Oz Vegetable oil (3 oz. per pan) - (I just use enough to coat the pan)
* Butter flavored Pam ( I didn't use this)
1. Put yeast, sugar, salt, and dry milk in a large (2 qt.) bowl. Add water and stir to mix well. Allow to sit for two minutes. Add oil and stir again. Add flour and stir until dough forms and flour is absorbed. Turn out on to a flat surface and knead for about 10 minutes.
2. Divide dough into three balls. In three 9" cake pans ( or can use 1 - 9 inch pie plate and 1 - 9 x 13 dish) , put 3 Oz. of oil in each making sure it is spread evenly.
4. Using a rolling pin, roll out each dough ball to about a 9" circle. Place in cake pans. Spray the outer edge of dough with Pam. Cover with a plate.
5. Place in warm area and allow to rise for 1 to 1 1/2 hours.
* 1 (8 Oz) Can Tomato Sauce
* 1 tsp Dry Oregano
* 1/2 tsp Marjoram
* 1/2 tsp Dry Basil
* 1/2 tsp Garlic salt
1. Combine and let sit for 1 hour while the dough rises.
2. For Each Nine Inch Pizza:Preheat oven to 475F (I cooked at 450).
3. Spoon 1/3 cup sauce on dough and spread to within 1" of edge.
4. Distribute 1 1/2 Oz. shredded mozzarella cheese on sauce. Place toppings of your choice in this order: Pepperoni or Ham, Vegetables, Meats (cooked ground sausage or beef). Top with 3 Oz. mozzarella cheese.
5. Cook until cheese is bubbling and outer crust is brown (about 15 minutes). I then brush outer edge of crust with garlic butter.